Friday, February 03, 2006

I'm setting the events of Revelation in motion right now...

That's right. I'm actually posting a blog entry. I don't really know why, because I don't really have anything interesting to talk about. But I had this .. this ... SPACE on the internet where I can just blab, and random people might hear it and get upset at my stupidity. It's a very loud call, and it just kept beckoning for me to use it. On and on the voice called out to me until I came to this page, and couldn't keep myself entertained by adding blog links anymore. I had to say something to the good (and bad) people of the internet. Hear me, O Israel, for I BLOG!

OK, so I'm over that now. I decided to try this somewhere between Martin calling me a "music genius" and Gary saying "Vote Karl in 2006". Flattery will get you everywhere, even on the internet. Of course, none of this would have been possible without that dear sweet girl Desirée, who not only set this in motion by starting an informal poll on her own blog, but then took it upon herself in shining selflessness to create my blog, and even post the first entry. In pink.

So, I'm playing a wedding this weekend. I'm not sure if that soaked in or not. I'm playing a wedding THIS weekend. SUPERBOWL ANYONE? Not the best of planning, and I don't think they even considered it might be on the same day about 8 months ago when they first chose the date. Even so, when the gig is over, I'm running straight to David Havir's house for a nice little football party (which usually means, playing cards and turning and looking at the TV if the fans cheer loudly). In other cooler news, the girl getting married has asked me to play as many video game remixes as I can while the guests are being seated. Although cool, I'm not sure that I can do this: I mean, they're too upbeat for what I consider to be pre-wedding music. Oh, and I haven't practiced any of them in ages, and I'm probably going to suck. I'm not getting paid either, so it's harder to make myself take the risk. But I will anyway (I think).

Why did I tell you all this? Was that interesting? I'm a phailure.

Oh, I've also got a brand new website going up, and the whole site is going to go live on March 1st. If you'd like a sneak peek at the amazingness, head on over HERE and see what you think. I think I probably have the most fleshed-out site of the group for now, mostly because I have the largest amount of music to offer so far (and sheet music! woo). Oh, it's about remixes by the way, just in case that makes it not worth clicking.

That about does it. Hope this was as bad for you as it was for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

Is this one of those favors you'll be calling in when it's time for you to get married?

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home