Wednesday, May 03, 2006

You know ...

I say the phrase "you know" about every other sentence. At least. I knew it was a bad habit, but didn't really think much about it til Desirée told me I said it five times in the span of about a minute of a story I was telling her. Then I tried not saying it, and I couldn't. I would say something like, "I don't know," and then the word "know" would make me question whether or not I said "you know" and then I would get so confused the filter would turn off in my brain, and I'd say it again. I know that I type it a lot as well when I'm chatting.

And yes, during the above paragraph, I was working SO very hard not to type it. Also, every time I typed the word "know" I had to go back and re-read it to make sure I hadn't accidentally slip it in.

"You know?" It's my "um". I'm not sure that I traded up on this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Desiree said...

I can't believe this is still bothering you.

You know?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

It's a bad habit!

Super unprofessional, you know?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

Did someone say Uno?

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home