Friday, March 30, 2007

They're practically family ...

So I've been doing a lot of time over at PHOP for the last couple of weeks (Presbyterian Hospital of Plano), and I really enjoy all the doctors and nurses over there. Fun people to be around, and it's just great to see how they're just regular people. The other day a new designer chair that Dr. Wen had ordered came in, and he enlisted one of the nurses there (Brittney) to help him put it together. So, here's the head radiology doctor and one of his nurses on the floor with nuts and screws, wrenches and screwdrivers ... putting together his new desk chair. I'm sure it seems very normal to many of you, but I just imagine how much money this man makes, and how many scans and MRIs he needs to diagnose, but he's still not bringing some maintenance man in to put together his new chair. I peeked around the corner while he was doing that (I was working on a computer there in the office) and said, "The question is: is it comfortable?" His response was, "It's designer. It doesn't matter." Then he laughed and said, "It better be comfortable since I have to sit in it 12 hours at a time."

So today I came through just because I was close by and asked about the computer I recently set up for them, and about a toner cartridge Dr. Wen left for me. The nurses had it there at their desk, and then said, "Oh, and we have something for you and Alex since you've been working so hard." So I took the couple of envelopes and left. I opened mine and it had a thank you card inside and invitation to join their staff for happy hour at a nearby pub, and a stack of scratch off lotto tickets.

*sniff* That was sweet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh K said...

Happy hour invite and scratch tickets? Awesome.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

I read it as "Presbyterian Hospital of Piano."

7:38 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

haha, so did I, Annette :)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Josh K said...

Way to go, girls.

Hey Karl, you play WoW?

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home