Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I don't understand my dilemma ...

I seem to have become LESS of an impulse buyer now that I actually have money to do so and don't have to worry about the payment coming up on my credit card.

I wanted to lay down nearly a grand the other day for a nice shiny video projector for the Marshall pad, but I was just like, "Meh, I don't REALLY need it," even though I look at them every time I go into an electronics store. I don't know what I'm talking about ... of course I really need it. It's useless and expensive. This is the opposite of how I was in college where I would walk into a store, like something, charge it and then starve for the month while trying to make ends meet. And then I would legitimize the purchase by saying, "I need this for school." Yeah, I'm absolutely sure that brand new $250 video card is the saving grace for the papers I had to write.

I've gotten old.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mikeesee said...

Some call it M-A-T-U-R-I-T-Y... That's only a guess, though.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

I don't really see that as being the problem ... err, the answer.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Galaxia Alpha said...

Hey! It's been a while... I definitely hear where you're coming from... I have money to spend and I lament over every purchase. Maybe it's some sort of disease--guilty spender syndrome. That's my diagnosis. My remedy for your buying challenge? Drink a six pack and try again. (Okay, so I wouldn't do that because I'd pass out by beer #3, but in theory it should work, right?)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Josh K said...

You have gotten old. And tall.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

Congratulations, Karl.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

Charlie (As Nettinfinity) says:

Yesterday I fought my urge to buy a Coke. Thankfully, I only had $.50 and a can of Coke costs a completely unreasonable $.60... but for want of a dime... a dime... AND THEN! It hit me: There's a couch in the break room! So I raffled through the cushions and found $.31! And then I didn't buy the Coke... such a loser. I mean winner.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Charlie (As Nettinfinity)- Did you tithe on that? lol

8:25 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I'll spend some of your money for you :).

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home