Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Giving raises, firing folks.

So as of Thursday of last week when I dropped my boss off at the airport for his long awaited cruise, I am the acting dude in charge for Med IT Associates. I called Charlie as soon as I left the airport to alert him that the day was now in honor of me and we getting paid time off.

As far as the job goes, things are just about like normal. Charlie calls me more now because I'm the one he asks if there are anymore assignments to be taken care of during the day. I also have gotten more (but not a LOT more) phone calls from just random client locations because a computer isn't working very fast, or a connection is down, or what have you. These are the calls I was worried about, because I just don't take a lot of these calls, and usually Alex will get them and decide who needs to go out and fix it or just do it remotely from his office. Now I have to decide these things. And a lot of these extraneous locations I don't know much about so I end up driving to them just so I can seem more on top of it than if I try to remote in, even if I don't understand the problem.

That being said, there haven't been any problems I couldn't take care of yet. I'm pretty happy about that. There haven't been any problems where some MR/CT tech calls me and starts using medical terminology I can't understand. Those are the ones I was worried about. And right now I'm just making phone calls and getting lots of phone calls. Alex left me with a short list of projects that he wanted me to finish up while he was away. I'm about halfway through the last one. Woo!

And also seeing as how I have a key to his house and he'd rather the place not get ransacked, he's given me the right to hang out over here if I want .. use the hot tub, TV, house in general while he's gone. He'd do that anyway, but he thought it'd be nice if people saw the lights on at night while he was away. You know, to scare away the boogie man.

I'm also a part time highly paid housekeeper. I'm having to feed the fish and water the plants on a semi regular basis. I figure as long as the fish appears to be alive when they get back, that's good enough for me. The plants I can fake as well. I mean, I'm watering them, but who knows why this one is looking so peek-ed. Oh, and he didn't say anything about this, but I decided to check the mailbox and see if he put a stop on that while he was gone. And the answer is no. That thing was totally stuffed. Good thing I decided to look. Oooh, bills.

I've gotten about 4 calls from numbers I didn't recognize while typing this. Gotta love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home