Friday, July 13, 2007

OK, I give you all the chance to berate me.

OK, here's the deal:

There's this musical out there that was written about a decade ago. It's easily my favorite musical ever written (I can tell already some of you are making the "limp wrist" motion at the computer screen), and I only got to see it once when it toured right off of Broadway. For some reason it went from huge super stardom to falling off the map within a year. Now you can only find it in limited local civic community theater around the US and ... Europe. They love it over there. One venue in particular in Halle, Germany is doing it's sixth season this year. SIXTH SEASON! Lucky punks.

So I found one place that is performing it in about a month. In Tallahasee. Florida. I'm planning on driving down there to see it. Overkill? You be the judge.

Oh, if you were interested (I can't believe you read this far into the blog entry and aren't already berating me in my comments), the musical is called "The Scarlet Pimpernel." Sooooo underrated. People still go watch crappy old Phantom like a religion and this musical gets no love. PERFORM A QUALITY SHOW PLZ. I'm done.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mikeesee said...

That was one of my favorite movies in history class...

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Scarlet Pimpernel" is a pretty sissy name for a hero.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

So you took me to see a crappy show?

Thanks :).

7:03 PM  
Blogger Kristin Dundee said...

Florida?!? No way!

And yes I totally did the limp wrist motion to the computer screen when I read that. But come on, who isn't a sucker for Sir Percy!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

Maybe I'm biased against Lloyd Weber. OK, I'm totally biased against Lloyd Weber. But if you enjoyed it, then that's all that matters, right?

The Scarlet Pimpernel is not sissy. A pretty name, sure.

7:36 AM  
Blogger BanjoBen said...

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

You also reminded me that I need to start reading PvP again.

9:34 AM  
Blogger BanjoBen said...

Only you would get that reference. :)

7:01 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

I love you, Ben. :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger BanjoBen said...

Um, thanks, but that's still gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

I watch musicals. I have an excuse.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home